Windsor Public Library ensures all its library facilities, services and resources are accessible to people with disabilities.
- • all branches are wheelchair accessible;
- • illuminated magnifiers and magnifying sheets are available;
- • closed circuit television (60x enlargement) is available at Riverside branch;
- • computer station available for the visually impaired at Riverside branch;
- • communication for the hearing impaired: The Bell Relay Service is available to assist in placing a call from customers who use a TTY/teletypewriter. For TTY, type 711 for the operator and by telephone, dial 1-800-855-0511.
Other Accessibility Services
- • Many care facilities and seniors’ apartment buildings receive a selected collection of WPL materials or a visit from FRED periodically.
- • Homebound customers may register with Accessibility Services and receive personally selected library materials on a regular basis: call 519-255-6770 x4404 or email email@example.com
Large Print Books
The Windsor Public Library has an extensive collection of large print books, which is rotated among all branches The largest portion of this collection is housed at Fontainebleau branch.
Print/Braille books are dual-language children’s picture books with print pages overlaid by clear plastic sheets, embossed with Braille and are designed for adults to read to sighted children.
Daisy books are unabridged sound recordings, available to customers registered with Centre for Equitable Library Access (CELA); authors have waived their royalties from copyright in order that people with disabilities may have access to literature. This collection is only available through arrangement with WPL’s Accessibility Librarian: call (519) 255-6770 x 4404; or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on any of the above services, please contact WPL Accessibility Services at (519) 255-6770, ext. 4404.
I want to update your files with my new address. How can I do it? Please help.
Peter, send us an email here with the details and we will take care of it for you.
This is a message for Nicole. I would like to order more books, but cannot call you as I do not have your last name to access the directory. Please call me.
Your message has been passed to Nicole. Thank You.
How can I start getting books, seem to have misplaced my library card.
Please call 519-255-6770 and someone will help you with that.
Would like to set up delivery of books to my home. I cannot enter public facilities due to health issues. Many thanks–sally
I will forward your request to the appropriate department. Thank You.